Windows 10 is already quite popular, many users using it for personal computers and laptops. the Interface looks neat, beautiful and charming. But don’t be mistaken, the previous version could be more cool. This is the descend, so yes it should respect “the ancestors” windows XP, 7, and 8. If there is no the ancestors it may not be exist. There are some common methods that can be used for installation, but the most effective is shown as below, can be used for each edition including “home”, “pro”, “education”, and “enterprise”, 32 bit or 64-bit, same for derivative.
“Clean Install Windows 10” is the best and wise options. It is a method to “fresh install windows 10” operating system. This is in order to overcome the most tangled problems even with a messy system on a computer or laptop. This means deleting all files in the system drive without any remaining even once, including viruses and malware, constantly replacing them with the new system from scratch. Therefore, please pay attention when remove or delete the driver later so that important files on other drives still exist, or if not sure, save it first in a safe place.
Windows 10 installation procedures:
- This is 100% MUST, Prepare “Windows 10 DVD” installation OR its already transferred into “Flash Drive”.
- Prepare Windows 10 Product Key (xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx). That code is usually provided on DVD package, if confused ask to uncle who selling it.
- It’s also important to know which Processor Type is used, 32-bit or 64-bit.
- PC Hardware Specifications must meet Minimum System Requirements.
- Prepare the “Windows Driver” to maximize system speed. But this is done after the installation has been completed. It is optional, but should be checked too.
- Prepare important applications or programs according to personal, because the original windows only provides limited applications. This is also done after the process has been completed.
To install Windows 10:
1. Turn on your computer or Laptop. Especially if use “Flash Drive” as installation media, first must plug-in it before the PC is turned on, so “BIOS” or “UEFI” Booting can detect it.
2. Set First “Boot” in the “BIOS Menu” or “UEFI” (if you are using it).
- Enter the “BIOS Menu” by pressing the “Del” button continuously quickly WHEN The PC is turned on, maybe on other brands can try to press F1 / F2 / F9 / F10. If the laptop is tiny, maybe press together the button “fn” with F1 / F2 and so on, so that the key is functioning.
- If already entered “BIOS”, quickly find “Boot”. Surely the first Boot to use “DVD” or “Flash Drive” (Removeable) as the media. This boot in other brands sometimes “hidden”, just search it.
- This is also apply when you are using “UEFI”.
3. Insert “Windows 10 DVD” if you are using the optical-drive as media.
4. When you’re done, save and “Restart”, then will appear like image below, press “ENTER” to start the installation process.
5. Select Language “English” then click “Next”.
6. Then click “Install now” to continue.
7. Enter “Product Key”.
8. Confirm the “license terms”, Click the small box “I Accept the license terms”, and then click “Next”.
9. Select “Custom: Install Windows only” (advanced). This is a “Clean Install” procedure and starts from scratch so that the operating system is free from viruses and its friends.
10. Setup “Partition” to select the installation of the system in accordance with you desired. But remember the previous operating system partition should be deleted by pressing “Delete” and then replace with the new partition. This setting can be done when the cursor is set on a particular partition, then a full setup button will be available.
- “New” to Create a New Partition.
- “Delete” to Remove Partition.
- “Format” to Format Partition.
Note: Make sure the Partition that contains the important data is not deleted, this is a very important step and should be careful, and if not sure save important data in Flash drive or other safe place.
Setup the “partition” using cursor on the desired partition for the new windows installation, then click Next like the picture above to continue.
11. Start the installation.
Note: This stage is automatic, it will also restart automatically for several times and let it be, just DO NOT click anything, even “Press any key to continue” (don’t click anything) when restarting again. If in this process there is “error” (getting files ready for installation), it means PC memory is not good alias bad, you can retry the process or replace the memory.
12. For those who use Flash Drive, It MUST be removed when restarting, so the repetition won’t happen. Remember this.
After automatic restart for several times, you will be asked later to enter some data like name and settings that appear, you can fill this free as you wish.
If you’re done then you will find like image below.
Note: If you’ve finished installing windows 10, it’s good to also check the “windows driver” such as: Graphics driver, Audio driver, Network driver, or corresponding driver to the brand. This Driver is so IMPORTANT for maximum PC performance, it will effect for applications to work. Usually these driver are available and provided on a separate CD/DVD given whem you buy a Laptop or Computer, if you don’t have it then you must download it from the internet. But In most Modern Brands, this is usually not necessary, because it is already integrated with the system installation.