RAW and Supplementary-RAW or simply RA and SRA Series Paper Sizes are ones of metric sizes. It is ISO 217 standard and ISO 5457 untrimmed sheet sizes. RA stands for RAW format A and SRA stands for Supplementary-RAW format A. The ISO 217 standard defines the RA and SRA paper formats. This series includes RA0, RA1, RA2, RA3, RA4, SRA0, SRA1, SRA2, SRA3, SRA4, and A0U, A1U, A2U, A3U, A4U.
Paper size is a dimension or the length and width of a paper in unit measurements such as mm (millimeters), and can also be determined into units of cm (centimeters) or inch (inches). The sizes of the RA series are slightly larger than corresponding inch based US sizes specified in ANSI/ASME Y14.1, for example, RA4 is roughly equivalent to 8.5 × 12 inch and ANSI A alias Letter size is defined as 8.5 × 11 inch.
List of Contents:
RAW Paper Sizes: RA0, RA1, RA2, RA3, RA4, SRA0, SRA1, SRA2, SRA3, SRA4, A0U, A1U, A2U, A3U, A4U
RAW Series Paper Sizes Standard are untrimmed sheet sizes. RA stands for RAW format A and SRA stands for Supplementary-RAW format A. These formats are slightly larger than the corresponding A series formats. This allows bleed (ink to the edge) on printed material that will be later cut down to size. These paper sheets will after printing and binding be cut to match the A format.
RA0 Paper Size
The dimension of RA0 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- RA0 Size in mm is 860 × 1220 millimeter.
- RA0 Size in cm is 86 × 122 centimeter.
- RA0 Size in inch is 33.9 × 48 inches.
RA1 Paper Size
The dimension of RA1 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- RA1 Size in mm is 610 × 860 millimeter.
- RA1 Size in cm is 61 × 86 centimeter.
- RA1 Size in inch is 24 × 33.9 inches.
RA2 Paper Size
The dimension of RA2 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- RA2 Size in mm is 430 × 610 millimeter.
- RA2 Size in cm is 43 × 61 centimeter.
- RA2 Size in inch is 16.9 × 24 inches.
RA3 Paper Size
The dimension of RA3 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- RA3 Size in mm is 305 × 430 millimeter.
- RA3 Size in cm is 30.5 × 43 centimeter.
- RA3 Size in inch is 12 × 16.9 inches.
RA4 Paper Size
The dimension of RA4 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- RA4 Size in mm is 215 × 305 millimeter.
- RA4 Size in cm is 21.5 × 30.5 centimeter.
- RA4 Size in inch is 8.5 × 12 inches.
SRA0 Paper Size
The dimension of SRA0 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- SRA0 Size in mm is 900 × 1280 millimeter.
- SRA0 Size in cm is 90 × 128 centimeter.
- SRA0 Size in inch is 35.4 × 50.4 inches.
SRA1 Paper Size
The dimension of SRA1 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- SRA1 Size in mm is 640 × 900 millimeter.
- SRA1 Size in cm is 64 × 90 centimeter.
- SRA1 Size in inch is 25.2 × 35.4 inches.
SRA2 Paper Size
The dimension of SRA2 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- SRA2 Size in mm is 450 × 640 millimeter.
- SRA2 Size in cm is 45 × 64 centimeter.
- SRA2 Size in inch is 17.7 × 25.2 inches.
SRA3 Paper Size
The dimension of SRA3 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- SRA3 Size in mm is 320 × 450 millimeter.
- SRA3 Size in cm is 32 × 45 centimeter.
- SRA3 Size in inch is 12.6 × 17.7 inches.
SRA4 Paper Size
The dimension of SRA4 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- SRA4 Size in mm is 225 × 320 millimeter.
- SRA4 Size in cm is 22.5 × 32 centimeter.
- SRA4 Size in inch is 8.9 × 12.6 inches.
A0U Paper Size
The dimensions of A0U Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- A0U Size in mm is 880 × 1230 millimeter.
- A0U Size in cm is 88 × 123 centimeter.
- A0U Size in inch is 34.6 × 48.4 inches.
A1U Paper Size
The dimensions of A1U Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- A1U Size in mm is 625 × 880 millimeter.
- A1U Size in cm is 62.5 × 88 centimeter.
- A1U Size in inch is 24.6 × 34.6 inches.
A2U Paper Size
The dimensions of A2U Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- A2U Size in mm is 450 × 625 millimeter.
- A2U Size in cm is 45 × 62.5 centimeter.
- A2U Size in inch is 17.7 × 24.6 inches.
A3U Paper Size
The dimensions of A3U Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- A3U Size in mm is 330 × 450 millimeter.
- A3U Size in cm is 33 × 45 centimeter.
- A3U Size in inch is 13 × 17.7 inches.
A4U Paper Size
The dimensions of A4U Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- A4U Size in mm is 240 × 330 millimeter.
- A4U Size in cm is 24 × 33 centimeter.
- A4U Size in inch is 9.4 × 13 inches.
Here is a Table of The RAW Series Paper Sizes in unit of measurements in mm, cm, inch.
RA untrimmed Sizes
|RA0||860 × 1220||86 × 122||33.9 × 48|
|RA1||610 × 860||61 × 86||24 × 33.9|
|RA2||430 × 610||43 × 61||16.9 × 24|
|RA3||305 × 430||30.5 × 43||12 × 16.9|
|RA4||215 × 305||21.5 × 30.5||8.5 × 12|
SRA untrimmed Sizes
|SRA0||900 × 1280||90 × 128||35.4 × 50.4|
|SRA1||640 × 900||64 × 90||25.2 × 35.4|
|SRA2||450 × 640||45 × 64||17.7 × 25.2|
|SRA3||320 × 450||32 × 45||12.6 × 17.7|
|SRA4||225 × 320||22.5 × 32||8.9 × 12.6|
A*U untrimmed Sizes
|A0U||880 × 1230||88 × 123||34.6 × 48.4|
|A1U||625 × 880||62.5 × 88||24.6 × 34.6|
|A2U||450 × 625||45 × 62.5||17.7 × 24.6|
|A3U||330 × 450||33 × 45||13 × 17.7|
|A4U||240 × 330||24 × 33||9.4 × 13|
ISO 5457 specifies drawing paper sizes with a trimmed size equal to the A series sizes from A4 upward. The untrimmed sizes are 3 to 4 cm larger and rounded to the nearest centimeter. A0 through A3 are used in landscape orientation, while A4 is used in portrait orientation. Designations for preprinted drawing paper include the base sizes and a suffix, either T for trimmed or U for untrimmed sheets.
Unit of Measurements
Unit of measurement is a definite magnitude of a value, defined and adopted by convention that is used as a standard for measurement of the same kind of value. Any other quantity of that kind can be expressed as a multiple of the unit of measurement.
mm stands for millimeter (American spelling) or millimetre (SI spelling) is the size of the unit of length in the metric system, that is the basis of the length measurement. 1 mm is equal to 0.1 cm.
cm stand for centimetre (international spelling as used by the International Bureau of Weights and Measures) or centimeter (American spelling) is a unit of length in the metric system, equal to one hundredth of a meter. cm being the International System of Units prefix for a factor of one per a hundred. cm is the base unit of length for cgs (centimetre–gram–second) system of units.
Inch (plural: inches, abbreviation: in or ″) is a unit of length in the imperial and United States customary systems of measurement, now formally equal to one per thirty six yard but usually understood as one per twelve of a foot. Derived from the Roman uncia, “inch” is also sometimes used to translate related units in other measurement systems. Traditional standards for the exact length of an inch have varied in the past, but since the adoption of the international yard during the 1950s and 1960s it has been based on the metric system and reckoned as exactly 2.54 cm.