The DIN D Series Paper Sizes is a German standard DIN 476 that was published on 18 August 1922 and is the original specification of the A, B and C paper sizes. It was split in 1991 into DIN 476-1 for the A and B formats on the one hand and 476-2 for the C series on the other hand. It has been withdrawn in 2002 in favor of adopting the international standard as DIN EN ISO 216, but part 2 has been retained and was last updated in 2008. This series includes D0, D1, D2, D3, D4, D5, D6, D7, D8 and DIN 476 overformats 4A0, 2A0.
Paper size is a dimension or the length and width of a paper in unit measurements such as mm (millimeters), and can also be determined into units of cm (centimeters) or inch (inches).
List of Contents:
D0, D1, D2, D3, D4, D5, D6, D7, D8 and DIN 476 overformats 4A0, 2A0
The first and the second editions of DIN 476 from 1922 and 1925 also included a D series. DIN 476 provides for formats larger than A0, denoted by a prefix factor. In particular, it lists the rarely used sizes formats 2A0 and 4A0, which are twice and four times the size of A0 respectively.
D0 Paper Size
The dimension of D0 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- D0 Size in mm is 771 × 1090 millimeter.
- D0 Size in cm is 77.1 × 109 centimeter.
- D0 Size in inch is 30.4 × 42.9 inches.
D1 Paper Size
The dimension of D1 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- D1 Size in mm is 545 × 771 millimeter.
- D1 Size in cm is 54.5 × 77.1 centimeter.
- D1 Size in inch is 21.5 × 30.4 inches.
D2 Paper Size
The dimension of D2 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- D2 Size in mm is 385 × 545 millimeter.
- D2 Size in cm is 38.5 × 54.5 centimeter.
- D2 Size in inch is 15.2 × 21.5 inches.
D3 Paper Size
The dimension of D3 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- D3 Size in mm is 272 × 385 millimeter.
- D3 Size in cm is 27.2 × 38.5 centimeter.
- D3 Size in inch is 10.7 × 15.2 inches.
D4 Paper Size
The dimension of D4 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- D4 Size in mm is 192 × 272 millimeter.
- D4 Size in cm is 19.2 × 27.2 centimeter.
- D4 Size in inch is 7.56 × 10.7 inches.
D5 Paper Size
The dimension of D5 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- D5 Size in mm is 136 × 192 millimeter.
- D5 Size in cm is 13.6 × 19.2 centimeter.
- D5 Size in inch is 5.35 × 7.56 inches.
D6 Paper Size
The dimension of D6 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- D6 Size in mm is 96 × 136 millimeter.
- D6 Size in cm is 9.6 × 13.6 centimeter.
- D6 Size in inch is 3.78 × 5.35 inches.
D7 Paper Size
The dimension of D7 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- D7 Size in mm is 68 × 96 millimeter.
- D7 Size in cm is 6.8 × 9.6 centimeter.
- D7 Size in inch is 2.68 × 3.78 inches.
D8 Paper Size
The dimension of D8 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- D8 Size in mm is 48 × 68 millimeter.
- D8 Size in cm is 4.8 × 6.8 centimeter.
- D8 Size in inch is 1.89 × 2.68 inches.
4A0 Paper Size
The dimension of 4A0 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- 4A0 Size in mm is 1682 × 2378 millimeter.
- 4A0 Size in cm is 168.2 × 237.8 centimeter.
- 4A0 Size in inch is 66.22 × 93.62 inches.
2A0 Paper Size
The dimension of 2A0 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- 2A0 Size in mm is 1189 × 1682 millimeter.
- 2A0 Size in cm is 118.9 × 168.2 centimeter.
- 2A0 Size in inch is 46.81 × 66.22 inches.
Here is a Table of The DIN D Series Paper Sizes, 4A0 and 2A0 in unit of measurements in mm, cm, inch.
|D0||771 × 1090||77.1 × 109||30.4 × 42.9|
|D1||545 × 771||54.5 × 77.1||21.5 × 30.4|
|D2||385 × 545||38.5 × 54.5||15.2 × 21.5|
|D3||272 × 385||27.2 × 38.5||10.7 × 15.2|
|D4||192 × 272||19.2 × 27.2||7.56 × 10.7|
|D5||136 × 192||13.6 × 19.2||5.35 × 7.56|
|D6||96 × 136||9.6 × 13.6||3.78 × 5.35|
|D7||68 × 96||6.8 × 9.6||2.68 × 3.78|
|D8||48 × 68||4.8 × 6.8||1.89 × 2.68|
|DIN 476 overformats|
|4A0||68 × 96||6.8 × 9.6||2.68 × 3.78|
|2A0||48 × 68||4.8 × 6.8||1.89 × 2.68|
DIN 476 also used to specify slightly tighter tolerances than ISO 216:
- ±1 mm (0.04 in) for dimensions up to 150 mm (5.9 in),
- ±1.5 mm (0.06 in) for lengths in the range 150 mm to 600 mm (5.9 to 23.6 in) and
- ±2 mm (0.08 in) for any dimension above 600 mm (23.6 in).
Unit of Measurements
Unit of measurement is a definite magnitude of a value, defined and adopted by convention that is used as a standard for measurement of the same kind of value. Any other quantity of that kind can be expressed as a multiple of the unit of measurement.
mm stands for millimeter (American spelling) or millimetre (SI spelling) is the size of the unit of length in the metric system, that is the basis of the length measurement. 1 mm is equal to 0.1 cm.
cm stand for centimetre (international spelling as used by the International Bureau of Weights and Measures) or centimeter (American spelling) is a unit of length in the metric system, equal to one hundredth of a meter. cm being the International System of Units prefix for a factor of one per a hundred. cm is the base unit of length for cgs (centimetre–gram–second) system of units.
Inch (plural: inches, abbreviation: in or ″) is a unit of length in the imperial and United States customary systems of measurement, now formally equal to one per thirty six yard but usually understood as one per twelve of a foot. Derived from the Roman uncia, “inch” is also sometimes used to translate related units in other measurement systems. Traditional standards for the exact length of an inch have varied in the past, but since the adoption of the international yard during the 1950s and 1960s it has been based on the metric system and reckoned as exactly 2.54 cm.