The C Series Paper Sizes is the geometric mean of the areas of the A and B series sheets of the same number. For instance, the area of a C5 sheet is the geometric mean of the areas of an A5 sheet and a B5 sheet. The use of the geometric mean makes each step in size: C0, C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, C6, C7, C8, C9, C10, smaller than the previous one by the same factor. It is usually used for envelopes and is defined in ISO 269 and there are many other paper size standards conventions have existed at different times and in different countries worldwide.
Paper size is a dimension or the length and width of a paper in unit measurements such as mm (millimeters), and can also be determined into units of cm (centimeters) or inch (inches). In this case the size of C Series Paper based on international standards that applies widely which has been determined by ISO (International Organization for Standardization).
List of Contents:
The C Series Paper Sizes Standard serially as follow C0, C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, C6, C7, C8, C9, C10. C Series folding one in half and rounding down to the nearest millimeter gives the next in the series. It is defined by divided by 2 or half the size of the previous paper in a larger dimension. It can be used for writing paper, cards, printing documents, envelopes, and also in applications such as Microsoft Office like Word or Excel.
The dimension of C0 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- C0 Size in mm is 917 × 1297 millimeter.
- C0 Size in cm is 91.7 × 129.7 centimeter.
- C0 Size in inch is 36.1 × 51.1 inches.
The dimension of C1 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- C1 Size in mm is 648 × 917 millimeter.
- C1 Size in cm is 64.8 × 91.7 centimeter.
- C1 Size in inch is 25.5 × 36.1 inches.
The dimension of C2 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- C2 Size in mm is 458 × 648 millimeter.
- C2 Size in cm is 45.8 × 64.8 centimeter.
- C2 Size in inch is 18.0 × 25.5 inches.
The dimension of C3 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- C3 Size in mm is 324 × 458 millimeter.
- C3 Size in cm is 32.4 × 45.8 centimeter.
- C3 Size in inch is 12.8 × 18 inches.
The dimension of C4 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- C4 Size in mm is 229 × 324 millimeter.
- C4 Size in cm is 22.9 × 32.4 centimeter.
- C4 Size in inch is 9.02 × 12.8 inches.
The dimension of C5 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- C5 Size in mm is 162 × 229 millimeter.
- C5 Size in cm is 16.2 × 22.9 centimeter.
- C5 Size in inch is 6.38 × 9.02 inches.
The dimension of C6 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- C6 Size in mm is 114 × 162 millimeter.
- C6 Size in cm is 11.4 × 16.2 centimeter.
- C6 Size in inch is 4.49 × 6.38 inches.
The dimension of C7 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- C7 Size in mm is 81 × 114 millimeter.
- C7 Size in cm is 8.1 × 11.4 centimeter.
- C7 Size in inch is 3.19 × 4.49 inches.
The dimension of C8 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- C8 Size in mm is 57 × 81 millimeter.
- C8 Size in cm is 5.7 × 8.1 centimeter.
- C8 Size in inch is 2.24 × 3.19 inches.
The dimension of C9 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- C9 Size in mm is 40 × 57 millimeter.
- C9 Size in cm is 4 × 5.7 centimeter.
- C9 Size in inch is 1.57 × 2.24 inches.
The dimensions of C10 Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- C10 Size in mm is 28 × 40 millimeter.
- C10 Size in cm is 2.8 × 4 centimeter.
- C10 Size in inch is 1.10 × 1.57 inches.
Here is a Table of C Series Paper Sizes in unit of measurements in mm, cm, inches.
|C0||917 × 1297||91.7 × 129.7||36.1 × 51.1|
|C1||648 × 917||64.8 × 91.7||25.5 × 36.1|
|C2||458 × 648||45.8 × 64.8||18.0 × 25.5|
|C3||324 × 458||32.4 × 45.8||12.8 × 18.0|
|C4||229 × 324||22.9 × 32.4||9.02 × 12.8|
|C5||162 × 229||16.2 × 22.9||6.38 × 9.02|
|C6||114 × 162||11.4 × 16.2||4.49 × 6.38|
|C7||81 × 114||8.1 × 11.4||3.19 × 4.49|
|C8||57 × 81||5.7 × 8.1||2.24 × 3.19|
|C9||40 × 57||4.0 × 5.7||1.57 × 2.24|
|C10||28 × 40||2.8 × 4.0||1.10 × 1.57|
The tolerances specified in the standard are:
- ±1.5 mm for dimensions up to 150 mm,
- ±2.0 mm for dimensions in the range 150 to 600 mm, and
- ±3.0 mm for dimensions above 600 mm.
These are related to comparison between series A, B and C.
Unit of Measurements
A Unit of measurement is a definite magnitude of a value, defined and adopted by convention that is used as a standard for measurement of the same kind of value. Any other quantity of that kind can be expressed as a multiple of the unit of measurement.
mm stands for millimeter (American spelling) or millimetre (SI spelling) is the size of the unit of length in the metric system, that is the basis of the length measurement. 1 mm is equal to 0.1 cm.
cm stand for centimetre (international spelling as used by the International Bureau of Weights and Measures) or centimeter (American spelling) is a unit of length in the metric system, equal to one hundredth of a meter. cm being the International System of Units prefix for a factor of one per a hundred. cm is the base unit of length for cgs (centimetre–gram–second) system of units.
Inch (plural: inches, abbreviation: in or ″) is a unit of length in the imperial and United States customary systems of measurement, now formally equal to one per thirty six yard but usually understood as one per twelve of a foot. Derived from the Roman uncia, “inch” is also sometimes used to translate related units in other measurement systems. Traditional standards for the exact length of an inch have varied in the past, but since the adoption of the international yard during the 1950s and 1960s it has been based on the metric system and reckoned as exactly 2.54 cm.