The B Series Paper Sizes is defined in the standard as a subsidiary series of sizes that obtained by placing the geometrical means between adjacent sizes of the A series in sequence. The use of the geometric mean makes each step in size: B0, B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B6, B7, B8, B9, B10, smaller than the previous one by the same factor. There are many other paper size standards conventions have existed at different times and in different countries worldwide.
Paper size is a dimension or the length and width of a paper in unit measurements such as mm (millimeter), and can also be determined into units of cm (centimeter) or inch (inches). In this case the size of B Series Paper based on international standards that applies widely which has been determined by ISO (International Organization for Standardization).
List of Contents:
The B Series Paper Sizes Standard serially as follow B0, B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B6, B7, B8, B9, B10. B Series folding one in half and rounding down to the nearest millimeter gives the next in the series. It is defined by divided by 2 or half the size of the previous paper in a larger dimension. It can be used for writing paper, cards, printing documents, envelopes, and also in applications such as Microsoft Office like Word or Excel.
The dimension of B0 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- B0 Size in mm is 1000 × 1414 millimeter.
- B0 Size in cm is 100 × 141.4 centimeter.
- B0 Size in inch is 39.4 × 55.7 inches.
The dimension of B1 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- B1 Size in mm is 707 × 1000 millimeter.
- B1 Size in cm is 70.7 × 100 centimeter.
- B1 Size in inch is 27.8 × 39.4 inches.
The dimension of B2 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- B2 Size in mm is 500 × 707 millimeter.
- B2 Size in cm is 50 × 70.7 centimeter.
- B2 Size in inch is 19.7 × 27.8 inches.
The dimension of B3 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- B3 Size in mm is 353 × 500 millimeter.
- B3 Size in cm is 35.3 × 50 centimeter.
- B3 Size in inch is 13.9 × 19.7 inches.
The dimension of B4 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- B4 Size in mm is 250 × 353 millimeter.
- B4 Size in cm is 25 × 35.3 centimeter.
- B4 Size in inch is 9.84 × 13.9 inches.
The dimension of B5 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- B5 Size in mm is 176 × 250 millimeter.
- B5 Size in cm is 17.6 × 25 centimeter.
- B5 Size in inch is 6.93 × 9.84 inches.
The dimension of B6 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- B6 Size in mm is 125 × 176 millimeter.
- B6 Size in cm is 12.5 × 17.6 centimeter.
- B6 Size in inch is 4.92 × 6.93 inches.
The dimension of B7 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- B7 Size in mm is 88 × 125 millimeter.
- B7 Size in cm is 8.8 × 12.5 centimeter.
- B7 Size in inch is 3.46 × 4.92 inches.
The dimension of B8 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- B8 Size in mm is 62 × 88 millimeter.
- B8 Size in cm is 6.2 × 8.8 centimeter.
- B8 Size in inch is 2.44 × 3.46 inches.
The dimension of B9 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- B9 Size in mm is 44 × 62 millimeter.
- B9 Size in cm is 4.4 × 6.2 centimeter.
- B9 Size in inch is 1.73 × 2.44 inches.
The dimensions of B10 Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- B10 Size in mm is 31 × 44 millimeter.
- B10 Size in cm is 3.1 × 4.4 centimeter.
- B10 Size in inch is 1.22 × 1.73 inches.
Here is a Table of The B Series Paper Sizes in unit of measurements in mm, cm, inches.
|B0||1000 × 1414||100 × 141.4||39.4 × 55.7|
|B1||707 × 1000||70.7 × 100||27.8 × 39.4|
|B2||500 × 707||50 × 70.7||19.7 × 27.8|
|B3||353 × 500||35.3 × 50||13.9 × 19.7|
|B4||250 × 353||25 × 35.3||9.84 × 13.9|
|B5||176 × 250||17.6 × 25||6.93 × 9.84|
|B6||125 × 176||12.5 × 17.6||4.92 × 6.93|
|B7||88 × 125||8.8 × 12.5||3.46 × 4.92|
|B8||62 × 88||6.2 × 8.8||2.44 × 3.46|
|B9||44 × 62||4.4 × 6.2||1.73 × 2.44|
|B10||31 × 44||3.1 × 4.4||1.22 × 1.73|
The tolerances specified in the standard are:
- ±1.5 mm for dimensions up to 150 mm,
- ±2.0 mm for dimensions in the range 150 to 600 mm, and
- ±3.0 mm for dimensions above 600 mm.
These are related to comparison between series A, B and C.
Unit of Measurements
A unit of measurement is a definite magnitude of a value, defined and adopted by convention that is used as a standard for measurement of the same kind of value. Any other quantity of that kind can be expressed as a multiple of the unit of measurement.
mm stands for millimeter (American spelling) or millimetre (SI spelling) is the size of the unit of length in the metric system, that is the basis of the length measurement. 1 mm is equal to 0.1 cm.
cm stand for centimetre (international spelling as used by the International Bureau of Weights and Measures) or centimeter (American spelling) is a unit of length in the metric system, equal to one hundredth of a meter. cm being the International System of Units prefix for a factor of one per a hundred. cm is the base unit of length for cgs (centimetre–gram–second) system of units.
Inch (plural: inches, abbreviation: in or ″) is a unit of length in the imperial and United States customary systems of measurement, now formally equal to one per thirty six yard but usually understood as one per twelve of a foot. Derived from the Roman uncia, “inch” is also sometimes used to translate related units in other measurement systems. Traditional standards for the exact length of an inch have varied in the past, but since the adoption of the international yard during the 1950s and 1960s it has been based on the metric system and reckoned as exactly 2.54 cm.