The A Series Paper Sizes being a standard that is often used according to ISO and it is widely applicable internationally, including A0, A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, A8, A9, A10. There are many other paper size standards conventions have existed at different times and in different countries worldwide. It is affect or usually used for writing paper, write tools, card, several printing documents, and the size of a paper that related to the envelope.
Paper size is a dimension or the length and width of a paper in unit measurements such as mm (millimeter), and can also be determined into units of cm (centimeter) or inch (inches). In this case the size of A Series Paper based on international standards that applies widely which has been determined by ISO (International Organization for Standardization).
List of Contents:
The A Series Paper Sizes Standard serially as follow A0, A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, A8, A9, A10. It is defined by divided by 2 or half the size of the previous paper in a larger dimension. While the most often used paper is A4 size, usually used for writing paper, cards, printing documents, envelopes, and also in applications such as Microsoft Office like Word or Excel.
The dimension of A0 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- A0 Size in mm is 841 x 1189 millimeter.
- A0 Size in cm is 84.1 x 118.9 centimeter.
- A0 Size in inch is 33.11 x 46.81 inches.
The dimension of A1 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- A1 Size in mm is 594 x 841 millimeter.
- A1 Size in cm is 59.4 x 84.1 centimeter.
- A1 Size in inch is 23.39 x 33.11 inches.
The dimension of A2 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- A2 Size in mm is 420 x 594 millimeter.
- A2 Size in cm is 42.0 x 59.4 centimeter.
- A2 Size in inch is 16.54 x 23.39 inches.
The dimension of A3 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- A3 Size in mm is 297 x 420 millimeter.
- A3 Size in cm is 29.7 x 42.0 centimeter.
- A3 Size in inch is 11.69 x 16.54 inches.
The dimension of A4 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- A4 Size in mm is 210 x 297 millimeter.
- A4 Size in cm is 21.0 x 29.7 centimeter.
- A4 Size in inch is 8.27 x 11.69 inches.
The dimension of A5 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- A5 Size in mm is 148 x 210 millimeter.
- A5 Size in cm is 14.8 x 21.0 centimeter.
- A5 Size in inch is 5.83 x 8.27 inches.
The dimension of A6 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- A6 Size in mm is 105 x 148 millimeter.
- A6 Size in cm is 10.5 x 14.8 centimeter.
- A6 Size in inch is 4.13 x 5.83 inches.
The dimension of A7 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- A7 Size in mm is 74 x 105 millimeter.
- A7 Size in cm is 7.4 x 10.5 centimeter.
- A7 Size in inch is 2.91 x 4.13 inches.
The dimension of A8 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- A8 Size in mm is 52 x 74 millimeter.
- A8 Size in cm is 5.2 x 7.4 centimeter.
- A8 Size in inch is 2.05 x 2.91 inches.
The dimension of A9 Paper Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- A9 Size in mm is 37 x 52 millimeter.
- A9 Size in cm is 3.7 x 5.2 centimeter.
- A9 Size in inch is 1.46 x 2.05 inches.
A10 Paper Sizes
The dimensions of A10 Sizes in mm, cm, inch:
- A10 Size in mm is 26 x 37 millimeter.
- A10 Size in cm is 2.6 x 3.7 centimeter.
- A10 Size in inch is 1.02 x 1.46 inches.
Here is a Table of A Series Paper Sizes in unit of measurements in mm, cm, inches.
|A0||841 x 1189||84.1 x 118.9||33.11 x 46.81|
|A1||594 x 841||59.4 x 84.1||23.39 x 33.11|
|A2||420 x 594||42.0 x 59.4||16.54 x 23.39|
|A3||297 x 420||29.7 x 42.0||11.69 x 16.54|
|A4||210 x 297||21.0 x 29.7||8.27 x 11.69|
|A5||148 x 210||14.8 x 21.0||5.83 x 8.27|
|A6||105 x 148||10.5 x 14.8||4.13 x 5.83|
|A7||74 x 105||7.4 x 10.5||2.91 x 4.13|
|A8||52 x 74||5.2 x 7.4||2.05 x 2.91|
|A9||37 x 52||3.7 x 5.2||1.46 x 2.05|
|A10||26 x 37||2.6 x 3.7||1.02 x 1.46|
The tolerances specified in the standard are:
- ±1.5 mm for dimensions up to 150 mm,
- ±2.0 mm for dimensions in the range 150 to 600 mm, and
- ±3.0 mm for dimensions above 600 mm.
These are related to comparison between series A, B and C.
Unit of Measurements
A unit of measurement is a definite magnitude of a value, defined and adopted by convention that is used as a standard for measurement of the same kind of value. Any other quantity of that kind can be expressed as a multiple of the unit of measurement.
mm stands for millimeter (American spelling) or millimetre (SI spelling) is the size of the unit of length in the metric system, that is the basis of the length measurement. 1 mm is equal to 0.1 cm.
cm stand for centimetre (international spelling as used by the International Bureau of Weights and Measures) or centimeter (American spelling) is a unit of length in the metric system, equal to one hundredth of a meter. cm being the International System of Units prefix for a factor of one per a hundred. cm is the base unit of length for cgs (centimetre–gram–second) system of units.
Inch (plural: inches, abbreviation: in or ″) is a unit of length in the imperial and United States customary systems of measurement, now formally equal to one per thirty six yard but usually understood as one per twelve of a foot. Derived from the Roman uncia, “inch” is also sometimes used to translate related units in other measurement systems. Traditional standards for the exact length of an inch have varied in the past, but since the adoption of the international yard during the 1950s and 1960s it has been based on the metric system and reckoned as exactly 2.54 cm.
The sizes of the ISO standard of A series paper is now commonly used throughout the world. A4 paper size has become the standard size of business letters in English-speaking countries such as Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom. In Europe A paper size was adopted as an official standard in the mid 20th century and from there it spread throughout the world.