|Type:||Web Browser Software|
|License:||Free, requires a Windows license|
|Features:||Free Web Browser for Windows 7 and 8.1|
Internet Explorer (IE) is a free web browser developed by “Microsoft” and included in the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems. It requires a Windows license to install and use it. IE 11 is the eleventh and final version of the Internet Explorer web browser. It was officially released on October 17, 2013 for Windows 8.1 and on November 7, 2013 for Windows 7. The browser was also shipped with Windows 10 on its release on July 29, 2015, but “Microsoft Edge” is the default browser in this version of Windows.
You don’t need to download and install Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 8.1 and 10, because it’s already installed. Internet Explorer 11 is not supported in Windows 8, so you must use Internet Explorer 10 or an earlier version. If you’re running Windows 7, the latest version of Internet Explorer that you can install is Internet Explorer 11.
Download Internet Explorer 11:
- Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7.
- Internet Explorer 11 32-bit and 64-bit.
The easier method to download and installing Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 7 is through Windows Update, Follow these steps below:
- First of all, It requires a Genuine Windows operating system.
- Open Control Panel and go to “System and Security” then “Windows Update”.
- Change Windows Update “Setting” to “Check for Updates but Let Me Choose whether to Download and Install Them”.
- In the “Windows Update”, do a check for the latest updates, by clicking on the “Check for updates”.
- Open the list of “Important” and “Optional” Updates. In it, you should see an update that’s called Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7. Only Select it and then click OK.
- To Start the installation procedure, you have to click on the “Install updates” button.
- The installation starts after and any other updates you have selected are downloaded.
- The installation finished in about a few minutes, and shortly after, it asks you to restart Windows to complete the whole process.